Potter Heigham, St Nicholas: Gratitude and Growth

 



As I was leaving St Nicholas, Potter Heigham, I paused a while to appreciate the light and textures of the open door, doorway and porch. Looking at the sun-shimmer cast on the tiled floor I reflected upon the transience of this late summer moment. It had been a great day in the company of my pal, Paul Harley. I felt gratitude throughout the day as some of the somatic stress released. 

The weekend before this day out had been torrid for me, triggering some of the complex trauma inscribed within me. As I stood here I resolved that that, although I am to some extent scarred by the legacy of this, I will never be defined by it. I am comforted by the insight that some of the best and most beautiful things about me come from the darkest and most painful times. Part of my growth and recovery is nurtured by my encounters with, and explorations of, heritage sites - cobwebby old places. Space away from the humdrum; ; space to breathe deeply; space to find some serenity within - space to simply be...

#connect #takenotice #keeplearning #beactive #give

The Fallible Flâneur <*(((((><{

Comments

Popular Posts